Welcome to the Fall 2009 issue of the Newsletter! This update contains many important updates and time-sensitive material including:
● Instructions for accessing all Society-related online communications: Discussion Board, Announcements Listserv, Blog & Website
● Contact information regarding nominations for Society Board Members for 2009 and the Society Awards for 2011. Nominations for both are due by November 1
● The new “Inflections" column by E. Mark Stern, EdD
● The latest installment of “Humanitas: Reflection on Psyche & the Arts” by Ed Mendelowitz, PhD
● “Who Stole Psychology and How Might Humanistic Psychologists Get It Back?” by Outgoing Society President Maureen O’Hara, PhD
It was wonderful reconnecting with Society members APA in Toronto this past August. The Board would like to announce that Society Member George Howard, PhD, received an APA Presidential Citation for Lifetime Contribution to Psychology.
Students & Members: If you would like to share news regarding publications, presentations, and achievements, personal reflections on being and becoming a humanistic psychologist, or submit a professional paper, please forward them to me at email@example.com. We now have a Newsletter Review Board for paper submissions.
I hope to see you at the 3rd annual Conference of the Society for Humanistic Psychology at University of the Rockies in Colorado Springs, CO on October 8-11th.